Weeks ago we already commented that we were going to publish the Manjaro releases in a different way. It usually coincides that they announce the arrival of a stable version along with a new ISO, but there are cases like today where this is not the case. A few hours ago has been announced the availability of Manjaro 2021-09-24, but at the time of starting this article nothing has been published about what would be the v21.1.4 of the operating system.
The reasons why there is no new ISO can be very varied, having been a problem with the installer in the past. What we do have are new packages in all official versions and those of the community, and that is what is called Manjaro 2021-09-24. Below you have the News list highlights that the project has provided us.
Highlights of Manjaro 2021-09-24
- Most kernels have been updated. Regarding this, it must be remembered that Linux 5.13 has already reached the end of its life cycle, so it is recommended to install Linux 5.14 if you want the newest thing or Linux 5.10 if stability is needed.
- Table has been updated to 21.2.2.
- ZFS is now at 2.1.1.
- NetworkManager is at 1.32.12.
- Regular KDE-git updates.
- Another beta version of Firefox has been added.
- PipeWire is now at 0.3.37.
- The current version of LibreOffice is now at 7.2.1.
- Rhvoice has been added.
- gstreamer is now at 1.18.5.
- KDE Frameworks has been updated to version 5.86.0, which brings improvements to Wayland's support for Nvidia drivers.
- Other regular updates.
The new packages are now available in Pamac or can be installed with sudo pacman -Syu. Since there is currently no ISO 21.1.4, those who want to have all the news by installing from scratch should download Manjaro 21.1.3 and upgrade from the same operating system.