They had announced it on social networks moments before and we already have it here. Less than two weeks after previous update, the team of developers behind one of the most popular Arch Linux-based distributions has just released Manjaro 21.1.3, Pavho's third point update (and whenever I read this codename I feel weird). A little earlier they had uploaded the new packages to the official repositories for the stable version 2021-09-16, and in both cases a new feature is included that stands out from the rest.
Pamac 10.2 It is already official, and it is the change that is most obvious. Manjaro's new software center is neater, and when possible displays more content in a total of three columns, two for software and one for options, or in the left pane. But when we click on a package, its information appears on the right, a different behavior from the previous one in which the information appeared in the entire window.
Highlights of Manjaro 21.1.3
- Most of the kernels have been updated, the newest being Linux 5.14.2.
- Pipewire is now at 0.3.35.
- Firefox 92.
- Thunderbird 91.
- The stable version (still) of LibreOffice is now at 7.1.6.
- Pamac is now at 10.2.0, which has once again prioritized the desktop. For mobile starter pamac-manager with –Mobile switch.
- Pacman is now at 6.0.1.
- The Steam client has been revamped to address current known issues.
- Systemd is now at 249.4.
- Other updates, such as those of the different graphical environments and desktops, and in the KDE version, Frameworks 86 is already available.
Manjaro 21.1.3 it's official, but right now they have not yet updated the web page to download the new ISOs from there. There are download links in the two entries about these releases (21.1.3 and 2021-09-16) at is y this other link.