Last May a bomb fell on the Linux world: Antergos lowered the blind. What at first was a small earthquake calmed down when we learned that another team of developers would take over the original code but, as they were not the same as those working on the Antergos project, they decided start with a new name: Endeavor. And if you are wondering, yes, it is written like this, with the O and S (for Operating System) in capital letters and attached to the name, so we have to get used to it.
The good news continued with the first EndeavorOS releases and this week they had the pleasure of announce la September version of the operating system. As we will detail later, the ISO includes one of the most modern versions of the Linux kernel and the latest installment of Mozilla's browser.
What's in the EndeavorOS September ISO
- Linux 5.2.14.
- Table 19.1.6.
- Systemd 243.0.
- Firefox 69.
- Arc-x-icons, which is a more complete and updated version of the Arc icon pack that they used previously.
- New EndeavorOS welcome launcher both in Live mode and in the install system. It is a menu that takes us to the wiki in one click for the basic commands of the system and the configuration of your hardware.
The Nvidia installer is now installed by default, which now also installs the dkms drivers.
- Gstop system monitor has been included, a good terminal based system load monitor that is launched from the panel.
- The xf86-video-nouveau package has been removed and the mode configuration driver is now being used in the Linux kernel.
- They have taken the opportunity to do a general cleaning.