With a little suspense KDE Community released Plasma 5.16.4 today. The little suspense has come because, unlike on other occasions, the KDE community announced the release of the latest version of its graphical environment before it was available for download, not even the source code. For several minutes, we have been able to see a text "No Available Yet" that has already disappeared, which means that its launch is now official and is now available.
Plasma 5.16.4 is the fourth maintenance release of the 5.16 series. It has arrived to introduce 18 changes that you have available here!, among which they highlight a correction of the compilation with Qt 5.13, which is now possible to close the preview in LNF KCM or improvements in airplane mode. Below you have a list of news that they have been publishing in their respective blogs and that are already available in Plasma v5.16.4.
Some of the new features included in Plasma 5.16.4
- Anti-aliasing font settings are no longer altered when opening the system font settings.
- When using the Dashboard, one-touch application open works reliably again.
- Network widget Airplame Mode setting now remains after reboots, if Bluetooth is turned off and never appears on systems without wireless hardware.
- It is again possible to close the “look & feel” preview window on systems using Qt 5.13,
- Fixed a recent regression that prevented documents hosted on remote servers from being opened using the KIO command line tool when the URL for the document contained a port number.
- In Wayland, the keyboard repeat ratio set by the user is respected.
- The “Force DPI Fonts” setting on the Fonts page of the system settings works again.
The next version will already be the last maintenance update in this series, a Plasma 5.16.5 to be released on September 3. Today's version will appear in Discover in the next few hours, as long as we've added the KDE Community Backports repository.