Almost two years ago we talk to you of PineTime. Like everything PINE64 offers, it is an open source hardware and software device. Much more popular, partly because they have been around for longer, are the PineBook, PinePhone and PineTab, all gadgets with prices that command attention. This is also the case with this smartwatch, to the point that it costs about ten times less than other smartwatches, even twenty (or more) if we compare it with the Apple Watch.
This has been published in the july note. Accessing this link CAN
Reserve seems to buy the PineTime for $ 26.99. Its price will be $ 29.99, so by buying it now we would be saving 10%. Remember that PINE64 sets the prices without VAT or other taxes, so the final price could be above € 35 in Spain.
PineTime Technical Specifications
- Sizes: 37.5mm x 40mm x 11mm.
- Weight: 38gr.
- Box: zinc alloy and plastic.
- Screen IPS capacitive touchscreen, RGB 65k colors. 1.3 ″ with 240 × 240 resolution.
- SoC: NORDIC Semiconductor nRF52832
- CPU: 64MHz ARM Cortex-M4F
- Memory Internal Flash 512KB and 64KB of RAM. Additional 4MB SPI NOR.
- Bluetooth 5, which includes low consumption.
- Sensors: accelerometer and pulse sensor.
- Battery: 170-180mAh LiPo. Charging: 2 pins with USB A connection.
We cannot say that it is the best in the market, but they do not pretend it either. It's more a watch for those who want something smart that is also open source, like your phone and tablet, but even more limited (and cheap). In the monthly note you see a movie clip showing how the firmware would work. It seems to be moving well, but I think it is a bit (quite) limited. But hey, it's not like my PineTab is the best tablet I've ever tried.