This time, and as we were used to, there have been no time differences between the stable version and the new ISO image. That only happened before Pahvo as they kept releasing updates for existing installs but not images because they had a problem to fix. So this afternoon have thrown manjaro 21.1.1, and, more if we take into account that it arrives after the v21.1.0 of the operating system, it will not be a new installment that will go down in history.
Reading the changelog, the highlights of Manjaro 21.1.1 and 2021-08-27 seem to be that they have continued to update GNOME 40.4 packages, new LibreOffice updates, or added the latest kernel version. For everything else, nothing remarkable, as you can read below.
Highlights of Manjaro 21.1.1 (and 2021-08-27)
- Some of the kernels have been updated. Once again we are reminded that the 5.12 series is now marked as EOL, which means that it will no longer receive updates. The most up-to-date kernel is Linux 5.13.12, and LTS 5.14.60.
- Cutefish is now at 0.4 1. An iso is available at here!.
- Firefox has gone up to 91.0.2.
- NetworkManager is now at 1.32.10.
- LibreOffice has two new versions: 7.1.5 and 7.2.0.
- Mesa is now at 21.2.1.
- More Gnome 40.4 updates.
- Some KDE-git and Python updates.
- Other regular updates of common packages.
Manjaro 21.1.1 ISO images are already available from the project download page. The official flavors are Xfce, KDE, and GNOME, but they also offer community flavors on Budgie, Cinnamon, Deepin, I3, MATE, and Sway. From the official repositories you can install other desktops, like the Cutefish mentioned in the previous list.
Existing users have all the packages available to update from the same operating system, something we can do from Pamac (the Manjaro software center) or with the command sudo pacman -Syu.