It's been more than a month since was launched a stable update that coincided with the XNUMXth anniversary of this Arch Linux-based distro. Taking into account the changes introduced, the author of that article, a server, thought that it was manjaro 21.1, but it wasn't. From then on we started to differentiate between stable versions, what appears as new packages in existing installations, and new ISO images.
There have been no new images in over a month, and you probably had to see a glitch that was discovered shortly after the last one was released. Now, after passing all the testing filters, the developer team has released Manjaro 21.1, codenamed Pahvo, and comes with GNOME 40 already included in the GNOME edition. Existing users of this edition of Manjaro have been enjoying the big leap for some time now.
Highlights of Manjaro 21.1 Pahvo
- Major improvements to Calamares, including selecting the file system for automatic partitioning and improved support for btrfs.
- GNOME 40. The interface changes, but the old one is available as Manjaro Legacy.
- Elisa is now the default player for the KDE edition.
- Plasma 5.22, KDE Frameworks 5.85, and KDE Gear 21.08.
- Xfce 4.16.
- Linux 5.13 as the latest version. The latest LTS are still available, such as 5.10 or 5.4, and some RT (real time, to improve the experience when recording audio, for example).
- Wine is at 6.15.
- Mate 1.26.0.
- Thunderbird and Firefox have been updated.
- The latest Nvidia driver brings Vulkan fixes.
- A new update for the AMDVLK driver has been added.
- Some KDE-git and Python updates.
- Other regular updraft updates
- Better detailed list, in this link.
As we have explained, what is available from today is a new image, and can now be downloaded from the Manjaro download website. There are also many packages to upgrade on existing installations, which matches the stable version Manjaro 2021-08-17. The official flavors are still XFCE in the major release, KDE, and GNOME. In the community editions there are also i3, Sway, Cinnamon, Budgie, Deepin and MATE. If what you have is a simple board, the project also offers ARM images that will soon be updated to Manjaro 21.1 Pahvo.