We are at the end of February, so we have already fully entered the new year, but the world of software moves at a different pace. And no, it is not that the days arrive at different times, but rather that each one fulfills their agenda as best suits them or when it is their turn. Thus, for a few hours we have available Kali Linux 2021.1, the latest version of the ethical hacking operating system developed by Offensive Security and which happens to the one launched at the end of last year.
Already in the introduction of this release we realize that it is not the most exciting installment in the history of the operating system, when we read that «This edition brings improvements to existing functions«. Among them, we have the graphical environments, the last from Xfce and the penultimate from Plasma, since KDE released an update less than 10 days ago. Below you have the News list that have arrived with Kali Linux 2021.1.
What's new in Kali Linux 2021.1
- Xfce 4.16 - The current and preferred default desktop environment has been updated and tweaked.
- KDE 5.20 - Plasma also received a version upgrade.
- Terminals: mate-terminal, terminator and tilix had various jobs done on them.
- Command not found: a helping hand to tell if a program needs to be installed.
- Partnership with more tool authors: BC Security & Joohoi have been producing great tools and intend to support them.
- New Tools and Updates: Several new tools have been added to Kali.
- Kali NetHunter - New version of BusyBox and Rucky, and boot animation.
- Kali ARM: Preliminary support for Parallels on Apple Silicon (Apple M1) and Raspberry Pi 400 (WiFi support).
- In addition, the project has made adjustments to its website and offers the possibility of sending a newsletter / email with news if we subscribe.
Interested users can now download the new Kali Linux 2021.1 images from this link, which includes the version for the Mac M1.