From turn one year old, the development of the operating system that followed Antergos stopped. Months went by without a new ISO being released, which is not too bad for existing users, but less good for those who want to do a clean install. A few hours ago, the project has made official the launch of EndeavorOS 2021-02-03, what is the first version of this year
Whenever we talk about a new ISO or a new version of an operating system we have to talk about the kernel it includes. EndeavorOS 2021-02-03 usa Linux 5.10 by default, which is the latest LTS version of kernel. It also includes updated packages, and below you have a list of the most important news that have arrived along with the February image of EndeavorOS.
Highlights of EndeavorOS 2021-02-03
- Linux 5.10.11.arch1-1. In the middle of this month, Linux 5.11 will be available.
- Table 20.3.4-1.
- NVIDIA 460.39-2.
- Firefox 85.0-1, the latest version of Mozilla's web browser.
- Squid 3.2.34-10.
- Live environment and offline installation have been updated to Xfce 4.16, the latest version of the project's lightweight graphical environment.
- Reflector-auto has been removed as Reflector has this feature included by default.
- The welcome app now supports Brazilian-Portuguese.
- Alacrity has been added as one of the terminals compatible with native applications.
- You can now choose an installer swap file in addition to a traditional swap partition when choosing an automatic partition scheme.
- Reflector-bash-complete has been added to make it easier to use Reflector.
- When online installation is chosen, the mirrors will automatically update for a faster installation and to lessen the possibility of a failed installation caused by unresponsive mirrors.
- They have added their newest mirror in India to improve the experience for Indian users.
- During installation the user will now be added to the sys rfkill wheel user group by default, they have removed some of the legacy groups that were causing issues with the drivers and cups.
- Reorder and add installed packages to improve file system compatibility in GTK and QT environments.
- GVFS packages are only installed when GTK environments are chosen.
- QT environments now have kio-fuse, kio-gdrive, and audiocd-kio installed by default.
- DM settings only for DM'S installed (SDDM and Lightdm), before both were installed by default.
- New option in Welcome –pkglist = URL to add additional packages during installation using the user_pkglist.txt file which can also be found in user_pkglist.txt in the liveusers home file. You can edit this to install additional packages.
- Various bug fixes.
- A new theme and configuration for i3.
- To facilitate development and underline the minimal philosophy, they now ship just a new universal wallpaper for all DE and WM, implemented on both x86-64 and ARM.
- Welcome now ships with Pacdiff to verify configuration file changes after an upgrade and allows you to overwrite, deploy, or view lines.
- To add a log file to the forum in case of a problem, eos-log-tool now also includes / etc / fstab and /boot/grub/grub.cfg.
- eos-update-notifier can now be easily configured via the welcome app.
- UpdateInTerminal, a community requested tool to check and update the system when eos-update-notifier is disabled.
- eos-sendlog can send any text file (from standard input) to the Internet for others to see. (included in eos-bash-shared).
- eos-pkginfo is designed to find more information about a package, usually usage information and / or source code (included in eos-bash-shared).
EndeavorOS 2021-02-03 is now available for download from this link. Being an operating system with a Rolling Release development model, all the updates described in this article have already reached existing users, including the latest version of Firefox, Mesa and Calamares. We remember that the new images are only for zero installations.