Although there are others like the Spanish Wifislax, Xiaopan OS distribution It is yet another alternative for WiFi audits. There are others that also include tools for this, such as Kali Linux (previously Back Track) or Bugtraq, only that Xiaopan or WiFislax focus only on network auditing and therefore allow you more comfort if you only want to do that work.
Xiaopan OS does not need too many resources, so it is interesting for teams with primitive or not very powerful hardware. This Linux distribution can even work on a computer with only 128MB of RAM and a Pentium 2 processor. And that is possible because it is based on the well-known Tiny Core Linux, another reduced and light distribution.
Xiaopan OS only occupies about 77.5MB And it can be run in Live mode, so with a powerful equipment it will fly despite being in live mode. From Live we can enjoy the entire range of tools that come pre-installed:
- bully- To perform brute force attacks on devices with WPS.
- FeedingBottle: graphical interface for Aircrack
- Inflator: graphical interface for Reaver
- wifi- script to automatically audit Wi-Fi networks
- Minidwep_GTK: another graphical interface for Aircrack and Reaver.
- Beep: to analyze and monitor nearby WiFi networks.
- And much more…
If you are interested you can download it from here (official website of the project) in its latest version.