The Spanish firm Slimbook continues to bring joy to linuxers. This time with news both in the hardware and software section. So, if you are thinking of acquiring a new equipment or you already have one of these fantastic machines, you will be interested in knowing all the possibilities that you have from now on at your fingertips.
On the one hand they have launched a new miniPC, the Slimbook One, which arrives completely renewed. After the long wait, now comes a version with high-performance AMD CPUs. Specifically, it is the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor, the same one already mounted by other equipment from the Valencian company such as the ProX laptop or the KDE Slimbook.
This new product that you can now buy have demonstrated fantastic performance despite its small size, as well as moderate heat dissipation and a quiet cooling system. In addition, it also has a great design, and a compact size that should not mislead you. Inside that little box hides a lot of power:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 8 cores (16 threads) at 2.9Ghz (4.2Ghz in turbo mode)
- iGPU: AMD Radeon with 7 graphics processing cores
- RAM: DDR4 up to 64GB
- Storage- You can choose a primary M.2 SSD of up to 2TB and a secondary SATA HDD / SSD of up to 2TB.
- Connectivity: WiFi 6, RJ-45 (Gigabit LAN), DisplayPort, HDMI, USB-C, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Operating System: you can choose without any, or have a GNU / Linux distro installed and even dual-boot with Windows ...
All that from € 599, which is not bad for the powerful hardware it offers ...
What's new in Slimbook apps
In addition to the miniPC, there is also news from the software side. You already know that Slimbook has been providing some solutions for Linux for some time, and now its catalog of apps continues to grow. Apps such as:
- Slimbook AMD Controller: to control the parameters of your AMD Ryzen CPU.
- Slimbook RGB Keyboard: another app to control the illumination of the RGB LEDs on the keyboard.
- More apps here.
And if that seems little to you, they are also working hard to improve your apps and that they are more independent and improve support with all types of equipment. That is why they have created a Patreon in which you can collaborate ...