The famous drawing program created "by and for cartoonists" has launched a new version. Is about Krita 4.2.2, a version of (third) point that, as such, has come to polish previous versions. As we read in the release note, KDE Community is trying to release maintenance updates every month for the 4.2 series until the next big release arrives, a Krita 4.3 which, in addition to bug fixes, will also include important functions.
In total, the newly released Krita v4.2.2 features almost 50 modifications, 49 to be exact. The vast majority of them contain have arrived to correct / repair bugs, some that will improve the user experience such as one that allows you to use a highlighted tool button in the selection tool option docks to make it easier to see which selection action is active.
What's new in Krita 4.2.2
- It makes it possible to make the cutter of the onion skin.
- Improved loading of GPL palette files with hundreds of columns.
- Improved the tiff import / export filter.
- Improved the reference image tool and optimized the loading of images from the clipboard.
- The Camera Raw Import Filter can now be made honorable in batch mode.
- Ability to make the new image dialog choose the last used option even when the user's language has changed.
- Updated brush preview on all brush stamp creations.
- It is now possible to edit vector shapes on duplicate vector layers.
- Hide color picker button in vector object properties docker, not implemented.
- Possibility of restoring default favorite blending modes.
- Now you can add a heading to all right click menus on the canvas so that the first article below the cursor is not something dangerous, like "cut".
- Keeps the community links on the splash screen visible when uploading a topic.
- Please check before saving if the saved file can be opened or has correct content.
- Improved the management and reporting of the error when importing / exporting.
- Now make sure the filter dialog is displayed in front of Krita's main window.
- Makes sure of that the adjoining selection tool provides the antialiasing switch.
- Ability to delete all points in outline selection by clicking.
- Removes the default image reference tool icons that were inappropriate.
- Updated Qt to v5.12.4.
Now available for Linux, macOS and Windows
Krita 4.2.2 is now available for Windows, macOS and Linux. MacOS and Windows users can download the new version from the same page it was released (available at the beginning of this article). Linux users can also download the AppImage from the same website, or install your Flatpak version. The APT and Snap versions are not up to date yet. What version will you install?