When we talk about "Linux" and to avoid confusion, we tend to get it wrong by referring to a system or group of operating systems. Although Linus Torvalds himself referred to it as an "operating system" 28 years ago when he released the first version, the truth is that it is a kernel that is completed with software such as the graphical environment. There are dozens of graphical environments, such as illumination 0.23 which was released during this weekend.
Enlightenment 0.23 or E23 is the first major graphical environment update in nearly two years. It does not include as many new features as other more popular environments whose developers are full of functions, such as Plasma, but it does include many bug fixes that will make using it more stable, fluid and with better performance. Below you have the list of news that they have included in the release note.
News included in Enlightenment 0.23
- New padded screenshot option.
- The Meson build is now the build system.
- Music Control now supports the Rage mpris dbus protocol.
- Support for Bluez5 has been added with a totally new and remade module and device.
- The dpms option has been added to turn it off or on.
- The Alt-tab window switch allows you to move windows while alt-tabbing, that is, switching windows with the keyboard shortcut designed for it.
- Many bug fixes , warning fixes have been compiled, etc.
- Massive improvements to Wayland support.
If you are interested in trying it, keep in mind that to guarantee perfect functionality you need to install connman, bluez5, bc, pulseaudio, acpid, packagekit, udisks2 and gdb. Otherwise and as we read on its official website, we could have problems when configuring things such as networks or Bluetooth connections. You have all the information and the possibility of download the graphical environment en this link.