You like action and shooting games, then the title that we are going to talk about today I am sure you will like it. Cube 2: Sauerbraten is a free first person shooter game, open source and is the successor to the Cube FPS.
Like the original Cube, The objective of this game is the fun old school Deathmatch game mode, it also allows map editing to be done cooperatively in the game.
Sauerbraten is both a video game and a game engine for first-person shooter video games. It is released as free software.
Table of Contents
About Cube 2: Sauerbraten
sauerbraten It is based on the video game Cube, also sharing its design goals and philosophy.
However, while Cube maps have a structure that does not allow 2 areas of the map to overlap at different heights, Sauerbraten removes this limitation by offering fully three-dimensional maps.
En The video game includes settings, characters, weapons, textures and three-dimensional models.
Cube 2: Sauerbraten It has two game modes which are the single player mode (single player) and multiplayer mode (multiplayer).
The first game mode presents us in turn two forms of play the first one is The game's normal mode allows offline play against a variety of monsters. Start your game by setting your mode and map.
The second game mode Death Match of the single player 10 seconds after the start of the game, a set amount of enemies will start to appear quickly and will be ready to chase the player.
Items are constantly respawning at fixed locations on the map to provide the player with constant supplies of ammo and hit points. The goal is to exterminate all enemies.
In case of being exterminated by an enemy the game mode will restart.
Finally, multiplayer mode features the following game modes:
- Free for all: all against all.
- co-op edit: map editing cooperating as a group.
- Duel: 1 vs 1 duels
- Team play: team play.
- instagram: No items appear, but every player has 100 rifle bullets and only 1 health point.
- Instagram team: It is as a team, no objects appear, every player has 100 rifle bullets and only 1 life point.
- Efficiency: no objects appear, every player has all weapons, full ammunition and a yellow armor.
- Efficiency team: This is in equipment, no objects appear, but every player has all the weapons, full ammunition and a yellow armor.
- Insta sand: this mode is like instagib but unlike each player will be removed from the game by being eliminated until only one player remains alive, the winner of the round
- insta clan arena This mode is like Insta Arena, but unlike in teams, the team that remains alive by eliminating the other wins the round.
- Capture the flag: Capture the Flag.
Requirements to run Cube 2: Sauerbraten
The minimum requirements that you must have in your team to be able to run this title on your computer are the following
- 1 GHz CPU or higher
- 256 MB of RAM
- GeForce 4 MX video card or equivalent.
- 2GHz CPU or higher
- 512MB of RAM
- GeForce 6600 or equivalent GPU
How to install Cube 2: Sauerbraten on Linux?
Si do you want to install this game on your computer you can do it in the following way. In order to obtain this title we are going to support a Flatpak package to facilitate installation in our system.
For this, it is extremely necessary that we have support for Flatpak in our system.
Now We must open a terminal and execute the following command:
flatpak install --user https://flathub.org/repo/appstream/org.sauerbraten.Sauerbraten.flatpakref
And ready with this we will already have Cube 2: Sauerbraten installed in our system.
We can find the game in our application menu ready to be executed. If you can't find the game launcher, you can run it with the following command:
flatpak run org.sauerbraten.Sauerbraten