The graphics company Nvidia has released an update of its latest drivers for both Linux and Windows, which stands out for offer support for the famous Vulkan API, which is the future of video games.
These drivers are still in beta version, since Vulkan it is still in its version 1.0 and graphics companies haven't quite adjusted to it.
These drivers will continue to be supported both with the old OpenGL and with Vulkan, thus ensuring that users who have OpenGL and do not want to use Vulkan are not left without support.
Among the graphics compatible with this controller we have the following.
- From the GeForce 600 range: GEFORCE GTX 690, GEFORCE GTX 680, GEFORCE GTX 670, GEFORCE GTX 660 TI, GEFORCE GTX 660, GEFORCE GTX 650 TI BOOST, GEFORCE GTX 650 TI, GEFORCE GTX 650, GEFORCE GTX 645, GEFORCE GT 645 Force GT 640
- From the GeForce 700 range: GeForce GTX TITAN Z, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 760 Ti (OEM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GT 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730, GeForce GT 720, GeForce GT 710
- From the GeForce 900 range: GeForce GTX TITAN
- From the Quadro range for laptops: Quadro K5100M, Quadro K5000M, Quadro K4100M, Quadro K4000M, Quadro K3100M, Quadro K2200M, Quadro K2100M, Quadro K3000M, Quadro K2000M, Quadro K1100M, Quadro K1000M, Quadro K620M, Quadro K610M, Quadro K510M
- From the Quadro desktop range: Quadro M6000, Quadro M5000, Quadro M4000, Quadro K6000, Quadro K5200, Quadro K5000, Quadro K4000, Quadro K4200, Quadro K2200, Quadro K2000, Quadro K2000D, Quadro K1200, Quadro K620, Quadro K420
As for Vulkan, we've talked about it a lot on Linux Addicts. For example, we already explained their capabilities and characteristics. We also explain that great graphics engines like U will be compatible.