Kdenlive 21.08 It is the new version available of this fantastic program from the KDE project, which comes with a major update to its engine and improvements to the graphical user interface. Now it also requires the MLT7 macro, with a new time remapping feature and a more stable and concise code base.
Kdenlive is probably one of the video editors More robust and complete free and open source software for GNU / Linux. A non-linear and multiplatform program that will allow you to create attractive multimedia content, with many tools, options and effects available.
Kdenlive also supports dual monitors, has an intuitive interface, with multiple timeline for adding images, multi-track videos and sound, customizable layout support, basic effects, transactions, etc. All without the need for advanced video editing knowledge ...
Between the news from Kdenlive 21.08 are:
- Use of the open source MLT7 (Media Lovin Toolkit) macro for multimedia. Thanks to it, a series of tools is provided for stations, video editors, multimedia players, transcoders, web transmitters, and other apps.
- The rendering-related code has been completely overhauled, correcting interface lags and freezes when media files are many gigabytes in size.
- Now lets you apply effects to affect only specific regions of a clip using masks, and not the entire clip.
- Its graphical interface also has a series of improvements. How to move clips more easily, assign shortcuts, new command bar to easily search for any action (themes, effects, files, and more).
- Other functions have also been improved, such as Time Remap, new mapping modes and options, showing thumbnails in markers when hovering the mouse on the clip monitor, ability to add shortcuts for certain recurring functions, etc.
More information and documentation - KDE project website Kdenlive