It is said that it is one of the favorite distributions for users who make the leap from Windows, but between tastes there is nothing written. What has been written is an article talking about the launch of Zorin OS Lite 16, which has come almost four months after the 16th normal version. "Lite" stands for "light", and this version has arrived with Xfce 4.16, albeit with a theme very similar to that of the GNOME edition.
El Xfce 4.16 Zorin OS Lite 16 allows us to change the theme, activate the dark mode or choose an emphasis color from the appearance menu. The appearance option has also received improvements to allow us to better customize the operating system experience. But the Lite label also means that there are things that are not available, such as jelly mode. You can not have it all.
Other highlights of Zorin OS 16 Lite
- Linux 5.11.
- Based on Ubuntu 20.04.3, supported until April 2025.
- New wallpapers, although some will be available only for the Pro version.
- Extra desktop layers (themes) for the Pro edition.
- Preview in the taskbar, like the ones we already see in Plasma or Windows 10.
- Flathub enabled by default.
- New application to record sounds.
- Firefox has telemetry disabled.
- The Thunar file manager has received the usual subtle enhancements and integrates with the rest of the design. It should be possible to play videos after installation from scratch using the video player parole.
“Overall, the Zorin OS team has done a wonderful job of bringing the beautiful design and ease of use of Zorin OS 16 to its lite edition. You may not even realize that you are using the Xfce desktop environment for the most part. "
Zorin OS 16 Lite can now be downloaded from this link.