A fortnight after the earlier version, and will remain so until at least the end of 2023, WineHQ He launched on Friday night WINE 8.3, which is a new development release with hundreds of changes being made in anticipation of the next major stable release, ie WINE 9.0. There will be times when everything slows down a bit, which usually coincides with the summer in the northern hemisphere, with Christmas and if they have to attend a conference, but every two weeks there will be a new version like this.
WINE 8.3 has introduced a total of 228 changes, and among the highlights he mentioned support for the Low Fragmentation Heap, support for Smard cards using PCSC-Lite and the Zydis library grouped for a more correct disassembly, to which is added the more general point of various bug fixes . The following is the list of fixed bugs, a total of 29.
Bugs fixed in WINE 8.3
- 3D Sexvilla 2: Extremely long loading times.
- Path of Exile stutters constantly.
- Untis 2015 (.NET 4.0 application) crashes on startup with Wine-Mono.
- Multiple PC/SC applications need implementation of winscard.SCardEstablishContext (AusweisApp2 1.x German Identity Card Application, SmartCard test applications, Seneka EBDYS client, Aruba Key).
- Multiple PC/SC applications need the winscard.SCardListReaders implementation (Aruba key, SmartCard test apps).
- Freelist scanning can result in O(n) time when allocating.
- A button cannot be clicked when the dpi setting is changed in the Office 2007 installer.
- Wine's stack malfunctions when multiple threads allocate or free memory simultaneously.
- 6.0.1 Introduced a bug that causes Wavelab to crash when loading presets.
- Installation of the game «What is the secret?» fails to create icon.
- ntdll:rtlstr test fails on win32 arch with hi-IN locale.
- KeePassXC requires Windows.Security.Credentials.KeyCredentialManager (UWP).
- Sacred: unhandled exception in Wine 7.14.
- Escape from Tarkov requires the implementation of DisplayConfigGetDeviceInfo(DISPLAYCONFIG_DEVICE_INFO_GET_TARGET_NAME).
- rouvy : not updated by server, unimplemented function bthprops.cpl.BluetoothRegisterForAuthenticationEx.
- shlwapi:ordinal – test_SHFormatDateTimeA() fails in mixed locale.
- Swift crashes due to unimplemented function api-ms-win-core-realtime-l1-1-1.dll.QueryUnbiasedInterruptTimePrecise.
- The lack of implementation of ntdll.RtlAddressInSectionTable() causes all GraalVM native image files to crash on load.
- Hardwar UIM6.0 crashes on 8.0, not 6.0.3.
- dbghelp:dbghelp – The test_loaded_modules() enumeration fails on Windows 10 1607.
- riched20:editor – test_EM_GETSELTEXT() fails in Hindi locale on Windows.
- The 32-bit oleaut64:usrmarshal fails on Wine.
- Rich Edit crashes when Ctrl+Right is pressed past the last paragraph.
- riched20:richhole – subtest_InsertObject() fails in Hindi locale on Windows.
- Heavy rain in Saints Row: The Third causes heavy fps drops.
- SpeedCommander 20 installer crashes because function SHELL32.dll.Shell_GetCachedImageIndexW is not implemented.
- kernel32:locale – test_NLSVersion() fails on Windows 10 22H2.
- kernel32:locale – The GetNumberFormatEx() test fails on Windows 11.
- kernel32:locale – The NtGetNlsSectionPtr() test fails on Windows 11.
WINE 8.2 available en this link. In the download page there is information on how to install this and other versions on operating systems such as Debian and Ubuntu, but it can also be installed on Android and macOS.
The next version will be a WINE 8.4 that will arrive on March 17.
Be the first to comment