In recent weeks we have had to stop saying that WineHQ releases new versions with Swiss precision. In previous years, when the release phase of the Release Candidates has been reached, they have arrived within a week of each other. With the 8th version of Wine Is Not an Emulator this is not the case, but we cannot know if the Christmas holidays have had something to say. So, WINE 8.0-rc3 has arrived two weeks after the RC2.
What has not changed is that the list of outstanding news does not include anything, beyond indicating that they are "only bug fixes, we are in a code freeze«. In total, from December 22 to January 6 28 bugs have been fixed whose list you have below.
Table of Contents
WINE 8.0-rc3 fixes
- AirBuccaneers hangs on exit.
- Minor regression: Wine fails to load "/wine/dlls/ntdll/loader.c: loader_section" when creating a new prefix or running an application.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night freezes on the white screen.
- Unable to target in Overwatch after alt-tabbing.
- regedit: Random crashes when selecting an entry (thread related?).
- World of Warcraft Classic: Mouse movement can block keydown event logging.
- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth crashes after launch.
- Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 crashes in Wine 6.0.
- d3d11:d3d11 fails test_dynamic_map_synchronization() on cw-rx460 on Wine.
- Resizing Dn-FamiTracker does not redraw the pattern editor or status bar.
- Public Peer closes silently.
- winegstreamer flush removal breaks the radio in fallout 3.
- Max Payne: Mouse scrolling behaves erratically.
- Bully: Scholarship Edition hangs on loading screen and does not play intros.
- urlmon:url – test_BindToStorage() fails on Windows <= 8.1.
- Vivisector has graphical glitches.
- Sacred Gold (GOG): Audio is missing from .wmv videos.
- Rayman 3: graphic glitches (black textures).
- Need for Speed: Payback crashes on launch with the OpenGL renderer.
- Tsui no Stella = Stella of the End: no longer starts (GL_INVALID_OPERATION).
- Comptes.exe errors with “dxLockMessage fails” d2d1:d2d1 runs out of GL memory and crashes on debian VM 11d3d11:d3d11.
- est_dynamic_map_synchronization() fails on w11pro64_nvddraw:ddraw2 test_texture_wrong_caps triggers error use after free20XX: invisible characterMultiple applications fail http requests when WinHttpSendRequest() does not contain full request data.
- Agarest 1 stopped showing Videos after implementing the ASF Reader filter.
- Moving the separator in regedit does not repaint listview.
The stable version will arrive in early 2023
WINE 8.0-rc3 available from this link. In the download page there is information on how to install this and other versions on operating systems such as Debian and Ubuntu, but it can also be installed on Android and macOS.
As for the stable version, it will arrive at the beginning of 2023, but it is not clear if it will be at the end of January or at the beginning/mid of February. When they decide to deliver it to us, they will start preparing the 2024 version, releasing a new development version every two weeks.
Be the first to comment