You can now download and install the latest version of the Wine project, the compatibility layer In order to install native Microsoft Windows software on * nix operating systems, it brings interesting improvements. Let us remember that since version 3.0 the use of Wine has also been made possible in Android operating systems, which is a great step to bring Windows applications to the operating system for Google mobile devices.
With Wine 4.9 readyAnyone who wants to use this layer and install programs and video games for MS Windows on their GNU / Linux system will find some improvements and new features that were not available in previous versions of Wine. After intensive development work, the developers have managed to release this version with the following features and corrected bugs:
- Initial support for driver installation or drivers for PnP-type devices (Plug and Play). Without a doubt something very interesting to be able to have this type of devices integrated with the compatibility layer.
- Support for building modules 16-bit in PE format.
- A lot of code has been moved to the new one KernelBase DLL.
- Others Controllers that had problems in previous versions and that mainly affected gaming peripherals have been corrected so that you can enjoy using your favorite controllers in your video games.
- They have also solved a lot of bugs, about 24 of them are already part of the past. Those errors affected such popular video games as World of Tanks, Osmos, Gran Prix Legends, Spellforce 3, Rogue Squadron 3D and more titles.
If you want to see the full list of changes, you can access the changelog official. There you will see the press release of its launch and a very complete list with the developers who have made the contributions for this new version of Wine 4.9. Now you can update or install the new version and enjoy the news! What are you waiting for?