We have already seen how the world of the videogames It was practically non-existent, we only had a few games like Kmine, the famous SuperTux, the entertaining Pingus, etc., but the quality and quantity left a lot to be desired. Only some companies dared to launch video games for Linux, such as Unreal Tournament or some from Valve, which has always been very involved in gaming under Linux and continues to be as you know if you are a regular reader of our articles. That has changed with a boom that has only lasted 4 years and that has increased the number of Linux video games until it equals that of Mac, quite an achievement.
Now large studios and private developers have set their sights on Linux and more and more titles appear for the penguin platform, in addition to being more and more famous and of better quality. Feral Interactive is one of the companies that is giving us the most joy, since it is carrying some well-known titles from other platforms to ours. But of course, this is still insufficient for some unconditional fans of triple A video games. That is why we are going to present you a list of native video games for Microsoft Windows that have been verified to work correctly with the help of Wine and PlayOnLinux:
- World of Warcraft: the well-known strategy video game works if you install it with the aforementioned compatibility layer, therefore you no longer have an excuse to play your games from Linux.
- StarCraft II: another of the classic strategy, this time set in a space age.
- Skyrim: It is not a new video game, but it is still very active by some fans and the mods that continue to exist.
- Fallout : the game works well under Wine until version 3, and very soon we will also have version 4 fully functional.
- Doom: The famous 2016 title can work well under Wine, so if you're eager to play it, go ahead ...
- Guild Wars 2: another well-known video game that we can already enjoy without any problem with Wine.
- League legends: it is a title that we have already talked about on other occasions, now we can make it work in a 100% functional way.
- Overwatch: a complicated game to run and that has given problems, especially since it only has support for DirectX 11 and that has been the biggest problem, but now it works OK.
Of course they are not the only ones that already work in Wine, I recommend you see the PlayOnLinux list ... and enjoy!