A while ago that we did not write about this tool, the favorite for many to execute live sessions. Without software like this, every time we want to create a live usb, we have to burn an ISO to it, but that pendrive won't do anything else. With it we can insert the ISO as we downloaded from their respective pages, and also use the pendrive to store more information. Furthermore, with the arrival of windy 1.0.80 More than 1000 different ISO images are already supported.
The feat of having overcome support for more than 1000 ISOs is the last thing mentioned in the News list of Ventoy 1.0.80, but there are also other highlights like that a secondary boot menu is now available to improve compatibility for booting images. Speaking of support, WinPE ISO files are also supported.
News of Ventoy 1.0.80
- Added a secondary boot menu to improve boot compatibility.
- Now wimboot mode supports WinPE ISO files.
- The injection plugin has been made available in WIMBOOT mode.
- Added support for HoloISO.
- Boot bug fix for the latest version of Gentoo live.
- Bug fix for booting the latest version of ALT linux.
- /bin/bash is always used to launch VentoyPlugson.sh.
- Added W and R hotkeys for WIMBOOT and GRUB2 mode.
- Fixed typo on VentoyPlugson web page.
- Fixed 'overflow is detected' error in WIMBOOT mode for large ISO files.
- Fixed a bug when the ISO contains a ks=file:/xxx boot parameter.
- Languages.json update.
windy 1.0.80 can now be downloaded since official website, for both Windows and Linux. The versions of official repositories, since there are distributions that offer this software in their repos, will be updated in the next few hours.
A comment, leave yours
Very good contribution, to boot