The release of new version of AVL-MXE 21.2.1 together with MXDE-EFL 21.2.2 (based on the developments of MX Linux and delivered with a desktop based on the Enlightenment environment), both developed by the AV Linux team and the latter is positioned as a setup that experiments with the transfer of AV Linux from the Xfce desktop to Enlightenment
The distribution is based on the base MX Linux package, using Debian repositories with improvements from the antiX project and own applications that facilitate the configuration and installation of the software. AV Linux also uses the KXStudio repositories with a collection of audio processing applications and additional packages of its own assembly (Polyphone, Shuriken, Simple Screen Recorder, etc.).
The package includes audio editors Ardor, ArdourVST, Harrison, Mixbus, Blender, andCinelerra, Openshot, LiVES video editors and tools to convert multimedia file formats. To change the audio device, the JACK audio connection kit is provided (using JACK1 / Qjackctl, not JACK2 / Cadence).
Main novelties of AV Linux MX-21
In the new version the linux kernel has been updated to version 6.0 with patches from Liquorix, in addition to the window manager of OpenBox was replaced with xfwm, the desktop wallpaper manager Nitrogen with xfdesktop, the login manager SLiM with lightDM and besides that a new Conky and Conky Editor was added.
On the other hand, it is highlighted that added full XFCE4 desktop with Compton compositing, plus also added Auburn Sounds Lens plugin (free version), as well as Socalabs plugins, as well as special udev rules for Ardor and various devices, new Evolvere icons and updated 'Diehard' theme.
We can also find the complement Updated ACMT 3.1.2, Ardor 7.2, Audacity 3.2.2, Avidemux 2.8.1, Cinelerra-GG 20221031, Harrison Mixbus 32C 8.1.378 Demo, Kdenlive 22.12.0, Musescore 3.6.2, Reaper 6.71 Demo, Yabridge 5.0 .2.
On the other hand, the package 'avl-mxe-extra-plugins-dist' has been split into individual plugin packagesPlus the Guitarix GX plugins for Reaper have been fixed and the LXDE based ISO build of 'MXDE' is gone, the classic GTK2 LXDE/Openbox is fading away.
Of the other changes that stand out and that were also implemented in MXDE-EFL 21.2:
- The user environment has been updated to Enlightenment 0.25.4.
- Disabled Procstats module, which has stability issues.
- Changes have been made to the theme.
- Added a panel with Shelf multimedia applications.
- AV Linux MX ported distribution-specific utilities.
- Added desktop icons and Appfinder apps.
- Updated versions of Blender 3.4.0, Ardor 7.2, Audacity 3.2.2, Avidemux 2.8.1, Cinelerra-GG 20221031,
- Kdenlive 22.12.0, Reaper 6.71, Yabridge 5.0.2.
- Includes the RTCQS utility to identify performance bottlenecks when working with audio.
- Added new Evolvere icons and updated Diehard theme.
- Audacity 3.2.2 with VST2 Plugin support.
- Demo of Reaper 6.71 with support for the new CLAP plugin.
- Yabridge 5.0.2
- Updated user manual with the help of Alex Gutiérrez
- Custom utilities are now shared from AVL-MXE.
- Custom utility for desktop icons and Appfinder search.
Finally if you are interested in knowing more about it about this new version, you can check the details In the following link.
Download and get AV Linux MX Edition
For those who are interested in downloading and testing this new version of AV Linux MX Edition 2021.2, you just have to go to its official website and in its download section you will find the links to download this Linux distro.
Now if you are already a user of this distro and want to get the new updates provided in this release, only just run the commands update on your distro from the terminal.
You just have to run in terminal:
sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade -y
Once this is done, you will now have to restart your computer so that all the changes are applied at the next start.
Once back on your system, you will have to open a terminal again and in it you execute the following commands:
sudo apt update sudo apt dist-upgrade -y
Finally, you will have to reboot your system one last time for the received updates to be implemented.
Be the first to comment