Sonic pi it is a social project rather than software itself. And it is that it has managed to unify creativity with programming learning. Getting those who want to learn to program and are music lovers can have fun creating their own songs while learning to program almost without realizing it.
In this way, Sonic Pi wants to bring more people closer to learning programming, especially geared towards children. A different way of learning and to encourage more children to enter the subject of computing, since it is the present and it will be the future, given that information technologies are increasingly important in society. In addition, it also allows you to develop musical creativity at the same time.
Sonic Pi is an MIT licensed program, from open source, free, and that is available for your Linux distro. Almost a new musical instrument, as its developers say, to achieve a harmonic balance between three basic principles:
- Ease so that even children can use it.
- Entertaining so you can enjoy playing while you learn, thus exploiting the famous gamification.
A complete programming environment originally designed to explore and teach programming concepts within schools through the process of creating new sounds. Besides being an attractive resource for educational environments, but also a good tool for indie composers, professional artists, etc.
And, although education is the central pillar, the project has an approach that also encompasses three fundamental domains:
- Artistic: to be able to express yourself by composing new melodies.
- Technology: to be able to explore programming related issues.
- Educational: to show that learning does not have to be something rigid and boring, but is very open and motivational.
Therefore, if you like music and you also want to learn to program, take the opportunity and use Sonic Pi ...
More information - Sonic Pi site