Tech giant Red Hat rewards innovation with its Red Hat Innovation Awards. The company from which we have recently learned that justice has opened the door to implement its acquisition by the giant IBM, now, since Red Hat Summit 2019, has announced the winners of the renowned award. These awards recognize the creative and innovative technology achievements of Red Hat customers, which also facilitate problem solving and make transformative use of the Red Hat environment.
As winners for this XIII edition, celebrated by Red Hat, we have names like BP, Deutsche Bank, Emirates NBD, HCA Healthcare and Kohl's. They have been chosen through a selection process, but now they will undergo a new online vote in which the entire community will determine which of them will also obtain another award, the Red Hat Innovator of the Year. Voting is now open and will end today at 5:59 am CET.
For, who does not know the finalists yet:
- BP: is an energy company that operates in more than 70 countries. We all know BP for fuels, but BP goes beyond that and has taken an approach known as a dual challenge to meet the world's greatest energy demand with lower emissions. And for that, technology and digital solutions are needed for which they have obtained this award.
- Deutsche Bank: It is also quite well known, a German bank that started in 2015 a strategy so that all its banks could offer everything as a service. For this they have required investment to obtain more technology, consolidate and simplify the state of their application, improve server productivity and reduce costs. All this supported by Red Hat technology that they use as a base.
- Emirates NBD: perhaps less known than the previous ones, but it is another company that in 2017 embarked on a great technological transformation that translates into an investment of 270 million dollars so that its clients can access a digital bank with more innovations and faster than your rivals.
- HCA Healthcare- Coming from the healthcare industry, using technology and artificial intelligence to continue to lead as healthcare providers faster. Thus they are able to fight against sepsis, an infection that can end with damage to organs or death, and thanks to innovations they manage to obtain results 18 hours earlier than traditional tests, and that is a lot in a sector where a few minutes can mean the difference between life and death.
- Kohl's: is an omnichannel retailer with more than 1100 stores in 49 countries. It is transforming to become a cloud-priority company and as part of this transformation seeks to drive application modernization and support for its change initiative. You have built a solution that is simple as well as advanced, flexible, expandable, and capable of self-service.
What is your favorite for him Red Hat Innovation of the Year? Without a doubt I have it ...