Last June, the company that created one of the most famous simple plates on the planet He launched the Raspberry Pi 4. This is a major update that includes, among other things, support for 4K and an option for 4GB of RAM, but with the price to pay that you need a fan so it does not get too hot. Shortly after the plaque, the company He launched a new version of your operating system, but it did so with some bugs that are expected to have been fixed in Raspbian 2019-09-26.
The new version of Raspbian improves the support with the Raspberry Pi 4, but also includes other improvements such as an rpi-eeprom tool that will automatically update the SPI EEPROM to the latest version on the last plate to arrive in the «Raspberry» family. It also adds support for overscan (a word that will sound like those of us who have one of these small boards) for the FKMS driver. And it is that in previous versions it is worth disabling this option from raspi-config.
Raspbian 2019-09-26 will update SPI EEPROM automatically on Raspberry Pi 4
Other news that arrive in this version:
- Improvements in Bluetooth connections in Audio devices thanks to the implementation of "plug" values in the ALSA configuration file.
- Improved support for multi-monitor setups.
- The display settings tool now shows separate menus for resolution and refresh rate.
- New keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl + Alt-End displays the shutdown menu and Ctrl + Alt + M moves the taskbar between monitors.
- Error correction.
- Updated apps:
- Linux 4.19.75.
- Chrome 74.
- VLC 3.0.8.
- RealVNC 6.5.0.
- RealVNC Viewer 6.19.715.
- Mathematica 12.0.1.
- Epiphany has been removed.
The new version of Raspbian It is now available and the best way to install it is through NOOBS installer, an installer that will not only allow us to install Raspbian, but will also do so by taking advantage of all the storage on our micro SD card. If you try it, do not hesitate to leave your experiences in the comments.