If you are looking for a good VPN for your GNU/Linux distribution that also works for your Android mobile devices, you should consider ProtonVPN. Not only because Proton, unlike some providers of this type of virtual private network, does have a client with a GUI for Linux, which makes things much easier for those users who don't get along very well with the terminal and don't want to be executing commands to activate or deactivate the VPN. Also, those CLI-based clients end up being a nuisance sometimes, and you end up doing a script to enable, disable or choose the servers you want in a more automated way.
Well, that's all over with ProtonVPN. If you want a command client you have it, but you also have it in graphical mode as in the rest of the operating systems. In addition, it is very easy to use, and you only have to choose the server or country where you want to connect, press a button, and voila, you will have all the protection of ProtonVPN on your network, with Hidden IP and encrypted traffic, as well as being able to avoid some restrictions by geographical areas or censorship.
But as I mentioned, the GUI client app is not the only one. reason to choose ProtonVPN, There's others:
- It is based in Switzerland, in European territory and with privacy laws of this country that has always been characterized by its neutrality.
- GUI for Linux, to easily activate, deactivate or manage the VPN in Linux.
- Client app also for other operating systems, such as iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Possibility of installing in a router, to protect all the devices connected to it.
- Reasonable prices that range from the Free service, to plans such as Basic at €4/month, Plus at €8/month and Visionary at €24/month. And if you contract for 1 or 2 years, you have discounts of up to 33%.
- It has a great speed (up to 10 Gbps).
- More than 1700 servers distributed in 63 countries.
- Secure military-grade encryption. With AES-256 algorithm, 4096-bit RSA key exchange, and HMAC with SHA384.
- Up to 10 connections simultaneously depending on the chosen plan.
- No logs policy for added privacy.
- Support for P2P downloads, BitTorrent, etc.
- Ad blocking with NetShield technology.
- Support for streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
- Secure Core, a technology that provides even greater security.
- VPN over Tor can be used.
- Use of secure VPN protocols such as OpenVPN, IKEv2, WireGuard.
- The little data that it stores on the servers is fully encrypted, for greater anonymity and privacy.
More information - Official Web