Two months after the earlier version, we already have here the first Service Pack (how little I like to call it that...) of the latest version of a very popular operating system in the mobile world of Linux. Posted a few moments ago, the team of developers behind this project announced the availability of postmarket OS 22.12.1, and among its most outstanding novelties we have two updates in its graphical environments, interfaces or Shells, as you prefer to call it. The less important of the two is the one for KDE, not because it's worse, but because it's a maintenance update.
More important is that postmarketOS 22.12.1 has arrived with Phosh 0.24.0, up from 0.22.0 that was used until now. Among the rest of the news, it also stands out that now, on the computers where it is possible, it has started to use the latest stable version of the kernel, Linux 6.2. All of these operating systems are experiencing, so even though 6.1 is LTS, there isn't much point in not upgrading.
Highlights of postmarketOS 22.12.1
- Support for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Max.
- Uploaded from Phosh 0.22.0 to 0.24.0.
- Phoc update from 0.21.1 to 0.24.0.
- Updated phosh-mobile-settings from 0.21.1 to 0.24.1.
- Uploaded feedbackd from 0.0.1 to 0.0.3.
- Updated feedbackd-device-themes 0_git20220202 to 0.0.3. On OnePlus 6, no incoming call ringtone, no sound on SMS, has been fixed.
- Plasma Mobile has been upgraded from 5.26.4 to 5.26.5.
- Purism Librem5:
- Upgrade kernel from 6.1.1 to 6.2.0.
- Fixed unreliable rear camera with millipixels.
- MGLRU enabled.
- Disabled modem power management to make it more reliable.
- PINE64 PinePhone and PineTab:
- Updated the kernel from 6.1.3 to 6.1.9.
- Fixed high CPU consumption (You have to apply this fix by manually updating u-boot or installing from a new image that includes SP1):
- U-Boot update from 2022.07 to 2023.01.
- Updated arm-trusted-firmware from 2.7.0 to 2.8.0.
- Enabled DRAM frequency statistics controllers and governors.
- PINE64 PinePhonePro:
- Updated the kernel from 6.1.0 to 6.1.10.
- Changed default CPU frequency controller to schedutil.
- Replaced sudo's postmarketos-base dependency with cmd:sudo.
postmarket OS 22.12.1 can now be downloaded from the official website of the project. Users already on 22.12 will receive the update automatically at the next system update.
Be the first to comment