Not even a week ago I decided to install this operating system in the eMMC memory of my PineTab. I tried to resist, but Ubuntu Touch, at least on PINE64's tablet, is of little use if you can't install apps like GIMP. The truth is that I am quite happy, and more than I am after the launch de postmarket OS 22.06, since among its novelties we have that it can be updated from the same operating system easily and without headaches, or well, in part.
postmarketOS 22.06, which arrives after the Service Pack 3 from 21.12It's a major release. It comes with many new features, among which 3 stand out: the latest version of the KDE mobile apps, Phosh 0.17.0, and new compatible devices have been included. Below you have a list with all of them, and the rest of the most outstanding novelties.
Highlights of postmarketOS 22.06
- Supported Devices:
- ASUS MeMoPad 7.
- Arrow DragonBoard 410c.
- BQ Aquaris X5.
- Lenovo A6000 and A6010.
- Motorola Moto G4 Play.
- Nokia N900.
- ODROID HC2.
- OnePlus 6.
- OnePlus 6T.
- PINE64 PineBook Pro, PinePhone, PineTab and RockPro64.
- Purism Librem 5.
- SHIFT 6mq (new)
- Samsung Galaxy A3 (2015), Galaxy A5 (2015), Galaxy S III (new), Galaxy S4 Mini Value Edition, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0″, Galaxy Tab A 8.0 and Galaxy Tab A 9.7.
- Wileyfox Swift.
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2, Pocophone F1 and Redmi 2.
- A script has been created to update from the same operating system. Because yes, until now it was not possible. You had to make a backup, install the new image and restore the copy. Now that will no longer be necessary.
- Sxmo 1.9.0.
- Phosh 0.17.0.
- Plasma Mobile Gear 22.04.
- fwupd: PinePhone users who know what they're doing can update their modem with Biktor's alternative.
With this release, the project celebrates its 5 years of life. As I mentioned, it is one of the few valid options for devices like the PineTab, since the rest of the projects have left it aside, acknowledging a Manjaro developer that releases images without even testing them. In any case, postmarketOS 22.06 is out now, and it's a "huge" update.