We are close to the end of the year, in the middle of the Christmas season, but on the days less marked we continue to work. And before entering 2022, today December 29 we have received postmarket OS 21.12, or at least those who have it installed on their phone or tablet will have received it. From this launch it can be installed on more devices, which balances a bit an absence, or more specifically an update that has not taken place.
But it is not that novel software has not been included. What happened is that postmarketOS 21.12 uses the same version of Phosh than previous version. They have updated the KDE software applications, including Plasma Mobile Gear 21.12. Below you have a list with the most outstanding news which have arrived alongside postmarketOS 21.12, the latest update for 2021.
Highlights of postmarketOS 21.12
- Support for new devices: Arrow DragonBoard 410c, Lenovo A6000, Lenovo A6010, ODROID HC2, PINE64 PineBook Pro, PINE64 RockPro64, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 and Xiaomi Pocophone F1.
- Sxmo 1.6.x brings the entire Sxmo stack from X11 to Wayland.
- Plasma Mobile Gear 21.12 is not only more or less coincidentally the same release version as this postmarketOS version, but it also brings a host of improvements over the latest version.
- Phosh 0.14.0 is the same version that also uses v21.06 SP4 from last month. However, some minor tweaks have been made (such as correctly displaying the Firefox icon in the preview window, and many of the GNOME applications, such as gnome-settings, have been updated to their GNOME 41 versions.
- TTYescape now available in the stable version. It is a recovery software type tool.
- postmarketos-tweaks 0.9.0.
- mobile-config-firefox 3.0.0, with the navigation bar at the bottom.
Users who were already on v21.06 can upgrade from the same operating system. For new installations, postmarketOS 21.12 can be Download from this link.