Scientists have been warning for decades about what can happen if nothing is done to reduce emissions and slow down climate change. On the other hand, all the governments of the different colors have turned a deaf ear, continuing the same or with too light environmental policies that did not change anything.
All the predictions that the scientists announced have come true, and now they have created a new report with really disastrous predictions to continue like this. Will they do something now? Well, it hurts to think that it will not be like that, but I think they will continue without listening to the experts ...
However, each of the citizens can also put your two cents, and between all try to emit and pollute less. From making better use of public transport, to walking or cycling, to using lower consumption equipment, and much more. In addition, you should know that there are many open-source projects that can help against climate change.
The open source projects The most prominent against climate change are:
- Electricitymap Contrib: you can see in real time the CO2 emissions associated with electricity consumption.
- awesome earth: You will see 326 things you can do against the climate crisis.
- Sustainable open technology: a list of open and sustainable technology projects to preserve the stable climate.
- oceananigans.jl- A fast and friendly fluid dynamics system for CPU and GPU processing for water flow investigation.
- GlobalWarning: a project for Minecraft lovers who want to learn about climate change.
- Bloom Contrib: a project to make climate carbon footprint data available to all.
- Climate Strike License- Software license to prevent some oil and gas companies from continuing to increase fossil fuel extraction.
- climatemachine.jl: a model of a ground system that learns automatically from data.
- Shit smoke: an app for iOS and Android mobile devices to see the air pollution of your city measured in equivalent cigarettes.
- More respectful companies- Community that has created a list of cleaner technology companies.
- Climate change data: a list of APIs, open data and ML / AI projects on climate change.
- mfn app- App for iOS and Android mobile devices to learn about and reduce carbon footprint.
- Sustainability- A list of all the sustainable things you should know about.
- Project Drawdown: help the world reach the future commitment to reduce greenhouse gases.
- Liquid Prep: a comprehensive solution for farmers seeking to optimize the use of water in irrigation, especially in times of drought.
- Ipcc SR1.5 Analysis: a scenario analyzer for the IPCC Report on global warming of 1.5ºC.
- Sustainable jobs: a list of jobs in the sustainability sector.
- wildfirepy- A library for Python that analyzes GIS data on wildfires.
- vegginner: app to improve consumption habits and fight against climate change, and even fight against hunger in the world.
Be the first to comment