It was expected for these dates and it's here. Users of this popular distribution can now download and install Linux Mint 21.1, which has the code name Vera. The launch occurred about two weeks after the beta, and as soon as the operating system is started, the first changes will be seen, or rather they will not be seen, because Vera has decided to clean the desktop and will only show what is necessary.
The main version of the operating system is still Cinnamon, and Linux Mint 21.1 uses Cinnamon 5.6.5. What has not changed is its base, following that of Ubuntu 22.04, so it also maintains the kernel, a Linux 5.15 which, with the permission of Linux 6.1 and until the news is made official, is still the latest Long Term version. Support.
Linux Mint 21.1 highlights
- Supported until 2027.
- The desktop icons have been removed, but some will still appear like the installation icon when booting from a USB to install the system, any files left on the desktop (or in its folder) and mounted devices. Some like the trash can are in the file manager. All this can be changed from the settings.
- New accent colors, in Clem's words, more "vibrant."
- New slider. Now use Bibaita.
- Other cursors have been updated.
- Some sounds have been changed to improve the user experience.
- New icon theme available, but not by default.
- Themes installed by default (in addition to Mint's): Breeze, Papirus, Numix and Yaru.
- Improvements in Driver Manager.
- Improved support for NVIDIA cards.
- Full integration with flatpak packages.
- Improvements to the ISO verification, image burning and formatter tools.
- Many improvements in the XApps.
- Cinnamon 5.6, MATE 1.26 and Xfce 4.16, where many of the new features of each edition are included.
- Full list of changes, here from the Cinnamon edition. as this link that of the MATE edition and in this that of the XFCE edition.
Interested users you can now download Linux Mint 21.1 in any of its editions since the project download page. In the next few days it will publish the guide to upgrade from previous versions, and we will publish the corresponding article.
A comment, leave yours
Nice as it turned out, I love it and faster