When some were wondering when a new stable version would be released, we already have it here. It is now available manjaro 2022-04-15, packages that have reached the existing installations before reaching the project forum. Not surprising either, since it's common to upload software first and then announce it, but the Manjaro team tends to do both at about the same time. Be that as it may, the packages are available from shortly before 13:XNUMX p.m. in Spain.
In each new stable version, many packages are renewed, but, as usual, something has fallen on KDE users. For starters, the graphical environment has been updated to plasma 5.24.4, the latest version available, and to continue Frameworks 5.92 is also available, with which it was supposed to be possible to use Dolphin as root without do no trick, but no. Although KDE has its philosophy, and when possible it will not work with the command Sudo Dolphin; instead, we can try to make any movement, and it will ask us for the password to be able to make the changes, as Kate already does.
Highlights of Manjaro 2022-04-15
- Most of the Kernels have been updated.
- Table was renewed to 21.3.8.
- Nvidia updated to 510.60.02.
- Blender is now at 3.1.2.
- Some Xorg-Stack updates.
- Plasma is now at 5.24.4.
- Deepin received some renewed packages.
- A second release point 3 is now available for LibreOffice 7.3.
- KDE Frameworks is at 5.92.
- Squids has been updated to 3.2.53.
- Budgie has received a new version: 10.6 2.
- Added fixes for PPPoE 1 to NetworkManager.
- GStreamer is now at 1.20.1.
- PipeWire is now at 0.3.49.
- Wine has been revamped to 7.5.
- Even more Python and Haskell packages have arrived.
Manjaro 2022-04-15 is the latest stable OS update, and the new packages are now available at Pamac or by opening a terminal and typing sudo pacman -Syu. At the time of writing, the latest ISO is Manjaro 21.2.5.