Less than 24 hours ago we present to Manjaro's new pet. They made it known days before, but, as they have not given much hype to the new incorporation, we prefer to err on the side of caution and report late than to give the wrong news. A few moments ago, the developer team announced the launch of manjaro 2021-10-08, a new stable version that knows little because they have not introduced a large number of news or really important.
Probably, the small disappointment that a server has been when seeing the News list de Manjaro 2021-10-08 has to do with the fact that I am a KDE user, that yesterday they released KDE Gear 21.08.2 and this time there is no new version of Plasma, nor Frameworks nor apps, something I am not used to. But there are news, such as that most of the kernels have been updated.
Highlights of Manjaro 2021-10-08
It has nothing to do with the update, but in the forum thread they have taken the opportunity to tell us that they have a new pet and accessories with her as the protagonist.
- They have updated the kernels. At this point they remember that the 5.13 series is marked as EOL, so it will no longer receive support. They also take the opportunity to say that the 5.12 series has been eliminated. As a personal recommendation, I would say that it is best to use Linux 5.14 or Linux 5.10 LTS.
- Mesa is now at 21.2.3.
- PipeWire was refreshed to 0.3.38.
- They have updated browsers such as Vivaldi, Brave and Firefox (curious that they mention Vivaldi the first ...).
- Thunderbird is now at 91.1.2.
- Other regular recent software updates, including Python.
Versions labeled "stable" and a date are updates to existing installations. This means that new packages are already waiting in Pamac or in Pacman, and can be installed from the same operating system. For zero installations, the latest version is Manjaro 21.1.4, but on the official website they still offer v21.1.3, probably due to problems with the installer. If I'm correct, the Manjaro 21.1.5 ISO will arrive alongside the next stable version of the operating system.