Ten days ago we published an article in which there were several errors due to the numbering. mea culpa everything. At first, I thought that this mega update was going to coincide with what would later be the Manjaro 21.1 images, and no, right now they are releasing Release Candidates of that version. What's more, another error made me put, above it, "21.0", but I corrected what I could. And to avoid confusion, we will now differentiate between what they release for existing installs and new images. In that sense, today have thrown Manjaro 2021-07-23.
Considering that only ten days have passed since the earlier version, little really flashy have been able to include. Yes, we KDE users have noticed that we have changed the SDDM for the official KDE, and personally and
without more information about it I do know that some icon has changed, like the Yakuake one in the system tray.
Manjaro News 2021-07-23
- Most of our kernels have been updated. Here they remember that the 5.12 series is now marked as EOL ("End Of Life" or end of the life cycle).
- Wine is now at 6.13.
- VirtualBox has been updated to 6.1.24.
- Pipewire has risen to 0.3.32.
- Nvidia 470.57.02.
- System is at 248.5.
- Some packages have been updated like Breath2-Themes (that's why the icons), Cinnamon and Kodi.
- Firefox is now at 90.0.
- Table 21.1.5 is now available.
- More updates on the Breath2 theme.
- AMDVLK is in 2021.Q3.1.
- Other regular updates.
As we have explained, from now on we will talk about two types of releases, and this Manjaro 2021-07-23 It is now available to upgrade from the same operating system. Probably, in the next few hours they will launch the Manjaro 21.0.8 ISO, or maybe they will add all the news from 10 days ago and you are to the Manjaro 21.1 that will be released in the month of August. If you use KDE and you see that it starts differently, don't worry; it is so.