Like every month, the new company that was christened Manjaro GmbH & Co. KG has released a new version of its operating system. As many of you already know, this means that they have released a new stable version, but what they have actually delivered to us are new images designed for new installations. What has been available for a few moments arrives under the name of manjaro 18.4.1, which matches the December 2019 release.
At the time of writing this article, I would say that the launch is semi-official: they have announced their availability and have published the download links of the new images, but they haven't written any articles talking about Manjaro 18.4.1 yet. For this reason, the short list of highlights that you have below is the RC2 of this version of the operating system.
Highlights of Manjaro 18.4.1 (rc2)
- Linux 5.4 LTS as system kernel. We remember that it is the last version that was released on November 25.
- Manjaro themes have been fixed.
- pamac 9.2 has finally been released in its stable version. If someone asks you, yes, it is «pamac» (link to the official website here!). Do not confuse it with "Pacman" (link to the official page here! and article about Pacman 5.2 here!).
- Latest version of Plasma (5.17.4, available from December 3)
- Small adjustments have been made in the GNOME version.
- Packages have been updated in the XFCE version.
Manjaro uses the update model known as rolling release, which means you receive updates for life after an initial installation. It also means that existing users will receive or have already received all the Manjaro 18.4.1 news from the update software that comes with the operating system. For those who want to install Manjaro for the first time or reinstall the operating system, the new versions are now available with environments GNOME, Plasma (KDE) and XFCE.