After several months of development and some betaLinux Mint 17.3 is officially available for download and installation. As already we said a long time ago, Rosa's name is because Linux Mint is good, nice and short.
I say officially because Linux should have been out a few days ago, however, the official Linux Mint page I had had some technical problems and it could not be downloaded from the official site (it was available from other unofficial sites that had downloaded and re-uploaded it). However, they have already apologized for this delay and have officially published the download.
What's New and Features in Linux Mint 17.3 "Pink"
- Linux kernel 3.19.
- It is still based on Ubuntu LTS 14.04(it will be the last version to do it).
- Cinnamon 2.8 with all its novelties, including new sounds, improved window management and improved system settings among others.
- Mate 1.12 with all its news and features.
- Improvement in software repositories.
- Updates to the included software
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
As you will see, the changes of this distribution with respect to Linux Mint 17.2 they are minors. This is because Linux Mint is based on the latest Ubuntu LTS distribution, so until they release a new LTS changes are always small. For the future version 18, a big change is going to occur because Ubuntu is going to release a new LTS in 2016.
For the clueless who still do not know Linux Mint 17.3, tell you that it is a relatively young distribution but that is hitting pretty hard in the Linux world. Its ease of use, its attractiveness and its good performance make it one of the favorite distributions by users around the world.
To download it, we are going to go to Linux Mint official page, where as usual, you can choose between versions with Cinnamon and versions with Mate