five months after the v6.0, the launch of Linux Lite 6.2. In this update, the team of developers behind the project have mainly focused on refining the user interface, updating software and fixing bugs. Additionally, Lite Upgrade displays a new dialog at the end of upgrades that makes it clearer what has happened and what can be done with all packages in their latest available version.
The new Linux Lite 6.2 image also includes updated software, such as a LibreOffice which is now at v184.108.40.206. It is not the newest version of the most popular free office suite, but using it or not is part of the philosophy of each distribution. As for these apps, Linux Lite prefers stable apps.
Other news in Linux Lite 6.2
- Linux 5.15.0-52
- Based on Ubuntu 22.04.1.
- Added the latest version of Papirus icon themes.
- In Lite Software, Shortcut has replaced Openshot as the video editor.
- Fixed the length of dialogs for many Linux Lite applications.
- Fixed hostname bug in Lite Tweaks.
- Many updates to the Help Manual.
- Fixed a bug in Fonts Lite not populating the code name.
- Purge more logs in Lite Tweaks, freeing up space.
- Latest stable versions of Chrome, LibreOffice, Lite apps, etc.
- New wallpapers.
- Task Manager right click (System Monitoring Center) now works everywhere, updated icon.
- Microsoft Teams removed from Lite Software, it is no longer maintained by Microsoft, instead they will offer a Linux-only PWA version.
- Fixed Kernel removal in Lite Tweaks.
- Fixed app handling directories, Catfish opens instead of Thunar in some cases.
- Fixed 'apt-key' deprecation warning on Ubuntu.
- Minor additions to Lite Patch to address possible update bugs.
- Release Notes link on the first slide of the Installer will now bring the Help Manual home page.
6.0 users can upgrade to Linux Lite 6.2 by following the instructions on their forum (link at the bottom of this post). The new image is available here!.
Image and information: Forum in linuxliteos.com.
Be the first to comment