A few moments ago, Jerry Bezencon of Linux Lite had the pleasure of announce the launch and availability of Linux Lite 4.6. The new version includes many exciting new features, including that it is now based on Ubuntu 18.04.3. We recall that the previous version, v4.4 of the operating system released in April, was based on Ubuntu 18.04.2. They have also used the release to update the kernel, which is now Linux 4.15.0-58.
As we will detail below in the list of new features, Linux Lite 4.6 has also included updated packages of many of your applications, among which are Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice, VLC and GIMP. On the other hand, a theme selector has been included in Lite Welcome that will allow us to easily choose a dark or light theme when starting the operating system. Below you have the list of news that Bezencon has provided us.
What's New in Linux Lite 4.6
- Lite Welcome, the Linux Lite welcome screen, includes a new theme selector from which you can choose a light or dark theme as soon as you start the operating system for the first time.
- New information guide on keypad locks or numbering in Lite Welcome.
- The help manual includes a volume toggle tutorial.
- They have created a tutorial for creating persistent storage USBs.
- Lite sources have been updated with comments on their repositories.
- The xfce4-cpufreq-plugin CPU performance mode plugin has been added as an option to the tray. We can select it by right clicking on the Taskbar /Panel / Add New Items / CPU Frequency Monitor. By right clicking on it we can move it wherever we want.
- New topics.
- Updated the Papirus icon theme to its latest version.
- Other details:
- Linux 4.15.0-58, but other versions v3.13 to v5.2 can be installed.
- Firefox 68.0.2.
- Thunderbird 60.8.0.
- Libre Office 22.214.171.124.
- VLC 126.96.36.199.
- GIMP 2.10.12.
- Timeshift 19.08.1.
- Based on Ubuntu 18.04.3.
Linux Lite 4.6 is available from this link.