El PDF (Portable Document Format) has become a great standard and is used many times to share documents in a simple and flexible way. Currently, PDF documents offer great versatility or flexibility, such as the famous rich PDFs, in which images, embedded videos, and other elements can be inserted to interact with them, which are very practical for the educational field.
But in this post we are going to show you a small tutorial so that you can create a specific type of PDF, editable or fillable as it is known. That is, a PDF document that you can not only read, but also fill or edit. This is most practical to use as a form and for another person to complement it by writing in the different fields, something that is attractive at the bureaucratic level and even for other business or educational uses.
To make this possible, you only need your distribution GNU / Linux favorite, or other operating system in which it can be used LibreOffice and the Writer program included in this famous free office suite. As for the steps, just do the following:
- First we have to dock or show two new menus if we don't already have them in our Writer interface. To do this, we go to the menu View> Toolbar> Form control. And also View> Toolbar> Form Design.
- Now in the bottom bar you will see two buttons with dots (Show grid and Adjust grid), activate them.
- Now, we can start writing the document as we normally would in Writer, only with the new tools that we have available to our left we can insert labels or fillable text boxes, tables, images, tips to mark binary options (Yes or No) , buttons, etc.
- Once the document you want is created, check that it has been left correctly. You can adjust many parameters of the elements that you can insert, such as the size of the text boxes, etc.
- Now that's all, go to the File> Export to> Export as PDF menu and in the main tab that appears, make sure the Create PDF form option is checked. Accept and go ...
I hope it has been helpful for you…
Be the first to comment