The Document Foundation today announced LibreOffice 6.3. This new member of branch 6 assures us better performance, a large number of new and improved features, and greater interoperability with proprietary document formats.
LibreOffice 6.3 now available. What are the improvements
- The developers promise big improvements in word processor and spreadsheet performance. To achieve this, they asked users to send their files. These included: text files with different bookmarks, embedded tables and fonts, large ODS / XLSX spreadsheets, and Calc files with VLOOKUP. As a result, applications were able to render faster and the spreadsheet to save files in xls format more quickly.
- LibreOffice 6.2 brought us a new user interface. NotebookBar, is now available for Writer, Calc, Impress and Draw. This interface leaves more space for user documents, spreadsheets and presentations on notebooks with
wide screens. Also, the new contextual single user interface is ready for Writer and Draw
- In the Calc spreadsheet program, we find a new drop-down widget in the formula bar that replaces the old Sum tool, allowing the user quick access to the most frequently used functions. Also, a new one. On the other hand, the FOURIER function was added, to calculate the discrete Fourier transform of an input matrix.
- The ability to save files in pdf format now includes compatibility with the PDF / A-2 standard. This format is chosen by many organizations for long-term document archiving.
- Se I simplify the design of editable PDF forms adding the forms menu to the word processor.
- Now it is possible remove sensitive information from documents before sharing to help companies comply with privacy regulations.
- It was improved in several ways support for proprietary formats inincluding export for DOTX and XLSX document templates, import of graphics from DOCX drawingML, group shapes, import / export of SmartArt from PPTX files, to preserve PowerPoint editing, and better interoperability of the XLSX pivot table.