In other releases, KDE Community publishes on social networks the links of what it publishes on its blog. This week has not been like that and it is not clear if the reason is that they are distracted because it is already the middle of July or because the automated system is failing. But the really important thing is not if they share in more or less media, but this week they have released Plasma 5.16.3 and KDE Applications 19.04.3.
plasma 5.16.3 was released on Tuesday, July 9, while KDE Applications 19.04.3 they were thrown yesterday, July 11. Both groups of packages or suites, whatever you want to call them, correspond to the third maintenance update of the same, but the next versions will no longer share the same path: the next version of the KDE graphical environment will be a fourth maintenance version, while KDE Applications 19.04 has reached the end of its life cycle (EOL or End Of Life) in this version and the next one will be v19.08, the August version that will arrive with new functions.
Table of Contents
Highlights of KDE Applications 19.04.3
- Konqueror and Kontact no longer quit unexpectedly with QtWebEngine 5.13.
- Cutting groups with comps no longer unexpectedly quits in Kdenlive.
- The Python importer in Umbrello handles the parameters with the default arguments.
- Full changelog (212 total) available at this link.
Plasma 5.16.3 Highlights
- Plasma no longer freezes to a black screen when exiting a Wayland session.
- The Plasma KWin window manager no longer gobbles up all available memory when using a non-Breeze window décor theme in Wayland.
- Notifications that appear within a second of another notification that has identical content are now automatically suppressed, preventing spam notifications from misbehaving.
- Added support for filtering old Plasma 4 themes from the store.kde.org downloader.
- Full list of changes available at this link.
Of the 212 changes introduced in KDE Applications 19.04.3, 77 have been to Kdenlive, which corresponds to more than a third of them. This can mean two things that are not mutually exclusive: that the KDE Commnity works hard to correct all the bugs it discovers, and / or that Kdenlive 19.04 came up with more problems than solutions. In any case, we already have new versions of Plasma and KDE Applications.
A comment, leave yours
kdenlive they have loaded it, yes and it was malillo in itself now it is worse, much worse. Luckily Olive Video Editor has emerged and soon we will have a free and free professional editor.