System76 is a company that is best known for being a hardware manufacturer. But for Linux users, it is also the team behind the Pop_OS operating system that it presented a few months ago. Cosmic, a proprietary graphical environment based on GNOME. In addition, it is already known that he is working on more visual changes, as we already publish last November. But today's news has more to do with hardware, and that is that they have presented a laptop that they have called Kudu.
From the outset, what is most striking about Kudu is its processor, a AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with which we can do everything and quickly. RAM can also be one of its strengths, as up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM can be added. Logically, the more sugar, the sweeter, but also more money. The list of technical specifications is completed by the following components.
System76 Kudu Technical Specifications
- Operating system: Pop!_OS 21.10 (64-bit), Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS (64-bit), or Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (64-bit).
- Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900HX: 3,3 up to 4,6 GHz – 8 cores – 16 threads.
- Screen: 15,6″ 1920×1080 FHD with matte finish, 144Hz.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060.
- Memory: Up to 64 GB DDR4 at 3200 MHz.
- Storage: 2 x M.2 SSD (PCIe NVMe only). Up to 4TB in total.
- Expansion: 1× USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1× USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 1× USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 1× USB 2.0 Type-A.
- Input: Multi-touch clickpad, multi-color backlit US QWERTY keyboard.
- Network: 2,5 Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.
- Video ports: 1 × Mini DisplayPort 1.4, 1 × HDMI (with HDCP), 1 × USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C with DisplayPort 1.4.
- Audio: Stereo speakers, 1 × headphone/microphone combo jack, 1 × microphone jack.
- Camera: 1,0M 720p HD Webcam.
- Security: Kensington lock.
- Battery: Ion-Lithium – 48,96 Wh.
- Charger: 230 W, AC-in 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz.
- Dimensions: 14,21″ × 10,16″ × 1,14″ (36,09 × 25,81 × 2,90 cm).
- Weight: 2,20kg (4,85lbs).
- Model: kudu6.
The Kudu (kudu6) you can buy it now from the system76 store from $1799, more than $3400 if we add more powerful components.