Yesterday December 14 was announced the launch of Krita 5.1.4, which will probably be the last maintenance release of the 5.1 series. His arrival has occurred a month after a v5.1.3 in which improvements in support for the JPEG-XL format were highlighted, a format that some like a lot and others not so much, such as Google, which will eliminate support in its browser in the coming weeks.
The team of developers of this application created by and for cartoonists is already preparing the next major update. "This will probably be the last 5.1 bugfix release, as we are updating our dependencies and builds after this. The next one will be 5.2, with a lot of changes!«.
What's new in Krita 5.1.4
- Fixed bug where vector shapes don't swap current fg/bg color.
- Fixed a crash when using "Paste to active layer".
- Layer Styles: Label the Outer Glow page Outer Glow, not Inner Glow.
- Analysis of the transfer characteristics of the ICC profiles.
- Fixed handling of ICC color primaries and white point detections.
- Removed two deprecated actions from the action list in settings->configure Krita->shortcuts.
- Fixed some display artifacts when using fractional display scaling.
- Fix for surround mode for brush engines without pixels.
- Fixed visibility of measure and gradient tools on a dark background.
- Fix for data loss when a transform tool is applied too quickly.
- Disable resource location change.
- Disable touch docker (some buttons are completely broken, and we're rewriting Krita's touch functionality).
- Disable New Window (Android doesn't do windows).
- Disable workspaces that create multiple windows (Android doesn't do windows).
- Make TIFF import and export work.
- Remove the detach canvas action (Android doesn't do windows).
- Fixed inconsistent alpha and Photoshop-style layered tiff export checkboxes.
- Fixed handling of multipage files.
- Implementation of unit of resolution detection.
- EXR: Consistent GRAY and XYZ export implementation.
AVIF: Add the image/avif mimetype to the desktop file to let external applications know that Krita can open these files.
- PSD: Allow zero size resource blocks.
- Fix for creating a new image from Python.
- Fix file name update when using Document::saveAs.
- Enable the use of Python 3.11.
- Animation: Improve autoclave functionality.
Krita 5.1.4 can now be downloaded since official website, from where Linux users have an AppImage available. In the next few days it will appear in the official repositories of most Linux distributions.
Be the first to comment