Two months ago we echoed from the release of v4.4.5 of this software created by and for cartoonists. That day we also talked about v4.4.4, which was actually v4.4.3 that was uploaded to the Epic Store. I don't know if it's going to be like this from now on, but the fact is that history has repeated itself: 4.4.6 was uploaded to the Epic store, and what they have released today is Krita 4.4.7.
If someone is expecting something with a lot of changes, this is not their release. KDE says that Krita 4.4.7 is a release that comes strictly to fix bugs, 7 in total. There are not many, but these types of updates automatically become important if one of the bugs they correct is making our lives impossible.
What's new in Krita 4.4.7
- A crash when coming out with certain versions of Qt and PyQt.
- The movement of the selection with the magnetic selection tool.
- Magnetic selection tool crashes when deleting nodes.
- An assertion when converting the image color space from Python.
- A crash when closing a gamut mask document.
- Drag and drop cloned layers between images.
- A crash when saving the image with cropping enabled.
Krita 4.4.7 It is now available for all supported systems from your official website. Linux users can download the AppImage from there, and a repository for Ubuntu is also available (https://launchpad.net/~kritalime/+archive/ubuntu/ppa). We should soon be able to install your Flatpak version, which currently remains in 4.4.3, or its Snap version, which is currently in 4.4.5. As for Windows users, they can download the installable or the 64-bit "portable" version.
La next version should arrive in about two months, but we cannot be sure if it will be Krita 4.4.8 or 4.4.9, something that will depend on what they do with the Epic store.