About four months ago, the developers of this program created by and for cartoonists, together with KDE, launched the v4.3.0 of your software. Later, v4.3.1 should have arrived, but I must be very distracted and confused because it seems that they have decided to jump directly to Krita 4.4.0, something that would be confirmed if we carry out the search of the other versions in Google including the quotes. Reading on social networks, such as their Twitter, does not leave us in doubt either, since they mentioned that they would launch v4.3.1 in August and the launch did not take place.
In any case, Krita 4.4.0 is already here, and one of the reasons for the jump in numbers could be that it includes many outstanding improvements that we can see in detail in the release note. Below you have a list with the most outstanding news, like many improvements in the layers or the possibility of using the Disney SeExpr.
Highlights of Krita 4.4.0
- Improvements in fill patterns and textures, among which we have the possibility of programming fill levels using Disney's SeExpr.
- Fill levels can be transformed.
- Improvements in the brightness parameter.
- New gradient map mode for brushes that can now be used in the global gradient to color the brush tip.
- New lightness and gradient modes for brush textures.
- Animations improvements.
- Audio support in the AppImage.
- WebM / VP9 default setting for rendering animations.
- Compositions Docker now allows the export of animations.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Krita 4.4.0 now has been officially announced, but at the time of this writing it still cannot be installed by any means. On the KDE server follow v4.3.0, and the same happens in Flatub y SnapcraftTherefore, users interested in trying the new version will still have to wait a few more hours until the new version is uploaded.