We are in the second quarter of 2022, and that meant that a new version of this ethical hacking distribution had to arrive soon. A few moments ago, Offensive Security has made official the launch of Kali Linux 2022.2, an update that happens to 2022.1 and of which the arrival of two desks stands out. This second update of the year has raised the versions of GNOME and Plasma to 42 and 5.24 respectively, but, logically, the news does not stop there.
Kali Linux 2022.2 has also introduced multiple improvements to the desktop, such as being able to disable the motherboard beep in Xfce, adding a new panel layout for ARM, and improving support for shared folders. from VirtualBox. The list of most outstanding news is what you have below.
Highlights of Kali Linux 2022.2
- GNOME 42, where improvements to the general desktop and some of its own have been introduced, such as those of the new Kali-Dark and Kali Light themes.
- Plasma 5.24, which has also seen improvements to its dark theme.
- Xfce Tweaks now allows you to make new changes, such as turning off the "beep" when starting the computer.
- New icon set.
- Support for VirtualBox shared folders.
- Many changes in the terminal.
- New kali-screensaver and hollywood-activate, which are two screensavers not installed by default.
- Updated tools:
- Kali Unkaputtbar, a tool to save states (backups).
- Win-KeX 3.1, which now allows you to run the app with the user interface as root.
- New tools:
- BruteShark – Network Forensic Analysis Tool (NFAT).
- Evil-WinRM – The latest WinRM shell.
- Hakrawler – Web crawler designed for quick and easy discovery of endpoints and assets.
- Httpx – Fast and versatile HTTP toolkit.
- LAPSDumper – Dumps LAPS passwords.
- PhpSploit – Stealth post-exploitation framework.
- PEDump – Dump Win32 executable files.
- SentryPeer – peer-to-peer SIP honeypot for VoIP.
- Sparrow-wifi – Graphical Wi-Fi analyzer for Linux.
- wifipumpkin3 – Powerful framework for rogue access points.
- NetHunter improvements.
- Improvements in the ARM version that will take advantage of the Raspberry Pi, the Pinebook Pro, the USB Armory MKII, Radxa Zero.