It seems that in this 2022 there are two projects that feel romantic. If a few hours ago Manjaro launched a stable version celebrating Valentine's Day, Offensive Security did not want to be less and has launched Kali Linux 2022.1. This is the first version of this 2022, and the visual tweaks have not been limited only to the banner used to announce this release. Everything is said, I think they have done a good job with the image.
But that image is only the one they have used for this Valentine's Day. In Kali Linux 2022.1 have redesigned some components, such as wallpapers and the GRUB theme. As usual, they have also added new tools to test all kinds of software and hardware. Below you have the list with the most outstanding news of Kali Linux 2022.1.
Highlights of Kali Linux 2022.1
- Visual Refresh – Updated GRUB wallpapers and theme.
- Shell Prompt Changes – Visual enhancements to improve readability when copying code.
- Revamped browser home page – The Firefox and Chromium home page has been revamped to help access everything Kali needs.
- Kali Everything Image – An all-in-one package solution now available for download.
- Kali-Tweaks Meets SSH – to connect to old SSH servers using legacy SSH protocols and ciphers.
- VMware i3 enhancements – Host-guest functions now work correctly on i3.
- Accessibility features – Speech synthesis is back in the Kali installer.
- New tools – Several new tools have been added, many of them from ProjectDiscovery:
- dnsx – Fast, multipurpose DNS toolkit that allows running multiple DNS queries.
- email2phonenumber – An OSINT tool to get a target's phone number just by having their email address.
- naabu – A fast port scanner focused on reliability and simplicity.
- nuclei – Targeted template-based scanning.
- PoshC2 – A proxy-aware C2 framework with post-exploitation and lateral movement.
- proxify – Swiss army knife proxy tool for capturing, manipulating and replaying HTTP/HTTPS traffic on the fly.
- All details are available on the release note (In English).
Kali Linux 2022.1 is available at this link.