Talking about Linux-based operating systems for mobiles has long been no news in the sense that it is no longer new or surprising. It is a bit more surprising when talking about Linux on a smart watch, but they are very limited systems that are being used, for example, in the PineTime. Something that has been announced together with the launch de Kali Linux 2021.3, and is that your NetHunter has reached smart watches.
NetHunter for watches has been released for the TicHunter Pro smartwatch, but it can also be installed on WearOS by following the Kali tutorial. Right now it is in an experimental phase, and the functions it offers are basic. The rest of most outstanding news, which are included in Kali Linux 2021.3, are in the following list.
Highlights of Kali Linux 2021.3
- OpenSSL - Wide compatibility by default.
- New Kali-Tools Site - Following in the footsteps of Kali-Docs, Kali-Tools has had a complete update, and the new page is available at this link.
- Better VM support in Live session - Copy and paste and drag and drop from our machine into a Kali VM by default.
- New tools:
- Berate_ap - Orchestration of fraudulent MANA Wi-Fi access points.
- CALDERA - Scalable platform for automated adversary emulation.
- EAPHammer - Attacks targeting evil twins against WPA2-Enterprise Wi-Fi networks.
- HostHunter - Recognition tool for discovering host names using OSINT techniques.
- RouterKeygenPC - Generates Wi-Fi WPA / WEP keys by default.
- Subjack - Takeover of subdomains.
- WPA_Sycophant - EAP Relay Attack EAP Bad Client Portion
- Kali NetHunter smartwatch - the first of its kind, for TicHunter Pro.
- KDE 5.21 - Plasma desktop has received a version jump
- Improvements in the ARM version.
- Updates on the desktop and themes.
Interested users can now download Kali Linux 2021.3 from this link.