After the new Google project towards the video game market was unveiled "Google Stadia" has finally released more details about its service of video game transmission.
Within this information that he recently released we can know that the launch of the service will take place in November in fourteen countries.
Stadia will be available from November in Spain as well as in 13 other countries: Germany, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, the United States, Finland, France, Italy, Ireland, Norway, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and Sweden. Other countries will be joining in 2020.
Table of Contents
Google Stadia features
Google Stadia pre-order will be released through a package called "Founder's Edition of Stadia" which can already be reserved from today on the Google Store.
It is important to mention that there will be a limited number of units of this edition. The Founder's Edition package, valued at around 300 euros, it will be available for just 129 euros and includes:
- Chromecast Ultra
- A Stadia controller in the exclusive
- Three-month Stadia Pro subscription
- A Buddy Pass, to invite a friend to Stadia Pro for three months
- The exclusivity of being able to choose your "Stadia Name"
Once in the last three months, Stadia Pro users will continue to pay 9.99 euros per month. However, Google has indicated that another level of free subscription will be available in 2020. However, in November, it will be imperatively invested in the 'Founder' package for the Stadia Pro subscription.
Subscriptions to the Stadia service will have some differences between these subscriptions lies in the technical details.
Stadia Pro offers users the best streaming qualities from Google, 4K quality at 60 frames per second, 5.1 surround sound, and monthly free games and game promotions.
The free tier planned for 2020 is limited to 1080p60 with stereo sound and requires 10Mb / s bandwidth to stream at 720p.
On Stadia, games are paid for separately. Although Google intends to expand the catalog of some free titles included in the Pro bundle (Destiny 2 at first), users will have to buy each game separately at the same price found on other platforms such as Steam, Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.
Games to be offered by Stadia
Google has announced some titles that will be available at the beginning.
- Bandai Namco - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Bethesda - DOOM Eternal, DOOM 2016, Rage 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein: Youngblood
- Bungie - Destiny 2
- Capcom - TBD
- Coatsink - Get Packed (Stadia exclusive)
- Codemasters - GRID
- Deep Silver - Metro Exodus
- Drool - Thumper
- Electronic Arts - TBD
- Giants Software - Farming Simulator 19
- Larian Studios - Baldur's Gate 3 nWay Games - Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
- Rockstar Games - TBD
- Sega - Football Manager
- SNK - Samurai Shodown Square Enix - Final Fantasy XV, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- 2K Games - NBA 2K, Borderlands 3
- Tequila Works - Gylt
- Warner Bros. - Mortal Kombat 11
- THQ - Darksiders Genesis Ubisoft - Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Just Dance, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Tom Clancy's The Division 2, Trials Rising, The Crew 2
Since Stadia is brand new and untested yet, Google will have to convince more developers to join.
Google also reserves its own exclusive in-house developed titles, but we don't know their availability date yet.
Prerequisites for running Stadia
Google intends to simplify the use of its service as much as possible and make it available on any screen.
Mobile support will be limited to Pixel 3 and 3a phones at launch. Google says the service "will expand to other phones over time." »
Users will be able to stream games with the Chromecast ultra connected to a TV by using the Google control.
Additional Stadia controls, in addition to the one included in the Founder package, will cost $ 69 in the US.
And they will be available in three colors: Just Black, Clear White and Wasabi. In other media, users can use other patches (including Xbox and PlayStation) or a keyboard and mouse.
Google recommends having a minimum 10 Mbps internet connection to use Stadia. With this performance, users can expect to run games at 720p and 60 frames per second.
While for the most demanding users who want a high quality streaming experience they should have a connection of at least 35 Mbps.